Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: WTB: ALTEC 1231 Wedge monitors (pair)

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member
    WTB: ALTEC 1231 Wedge monitors (pair)


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: WTB: ALTEC 1231 Wedge monitors (pair)

    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #12
    Junior Hostboard Member thewebgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2017
    Location
    Northern, VA
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: WTB: ALTEC 1231 Wedge monitors (pair)

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Heather I sent you a PM.
    I tried to reply, but I'm new here - and apparently can't do a PM until I have 10 posts on the site - this is only #4!!

    I am very interested in the 32 horns and the crossovers!

    - - - Updated - - -

    This is one funky Forum system - I tried searching for my other 3 posts and could not find them-
    (really - 3 posts and there is no way to simply show my recent posts here??)
    but I did get a HUGE set of links to Adult material elsewhere on the site.
    I'm no prude - but can I presume that part of the site is why the ALTEC/Audio stuff gets short shriff here??
    So bear with me if I keep posting here until I hit the magic 10 posts!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Or should that be "bare with me here" ...
    ugh@!

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: WTB: ALTEC 1231 Wedge monitors (pair)

    FWIW, switching browsers from Firefox to Opera for visiting this forum cured 99% of the issues i was having. I still happily use Firefox for everything else.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  4. #14
    Junior Hostboard Member thewebgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2017
    Location
    Northern, VA
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: WTB: ALTEC 1231 Wedge monitors (pair)

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    FWIW, switching browsers from Firefox to Opera for visiting this forum cured 99% of the issues i was having. I still happily use Firefox for everything else.
    I'm on Win7 and Firefox at work, at home I use a MacPro and have Safari and Firefox in use.
    I had Chrome for a bit but dropped it.
    This morning I tried Safari at home, but the site still seemed very creaky.
    Frankly, changing browsers will NOT cure a broken site-search tool.

    I am not loading Oprah at this point. If the site works badly, I'll just leave,
    like many folks (apparently) already have.
    Last edited by thewebgal; January 3rd, 2018 at 09:00 AM.

  5. #15
    Senior Hostboard Member
    WTB: ALTEC 1231 Wedge monitors (pair)


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: WTB: ALTEC 1231 Wedge monitors (pair)

    Quote Originally Posted by thewebgal View Post
    I'm on Win7 and Firefox at work, at home I use a MacPro and have Safari and Firefox in use.
    I had Chrome for a bit but dropped it.
    This morning I tried Safari at home, but the site still seemed very creaky.
    Frankly, changing browsers will NOT cure a broken site-search tool.

    I am not loading Oprah at this point. If the site works badly, I'll just leave,
    like many folks (apparently) already have.
    I hear it takes forever to download Oprah because of the size.
    Sonic Barbarian

  6. #16
    Junior Hostboard Member thewebgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2017
    Location
    Northern, VA
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: WTB: ALTEC 1231 Wedge monitors (pair)

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-G View Post
    I hear it takes forever to download Oprah because of the size.
    YOU get a download, and YOU get a download and ... everybody gets a download!

    Frankly, I prefer to just say no ...

  7. #17
    Senior Hostboard Member gdmoore28's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2014
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WTB: ALTEC 1231 Wedge monitors (pair)

    [QUOTE=bowtie427ss;1976880]I was thinking of you when i suggested she post here.

    Thank you for reaching out to her.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Early Cuyler(Unknown Hinson)?

    No way!

    If you don't know who he is, i urge you to suffer thru a couple episodes of "Squidbillies"


    Any guy who can wear ear muff sideburns and dares to play lead guitar on a Rickenbacker has my automatic respect! Love the song - thanks!

    GeeDeeEmm

  8. #18
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WTB: ALTEC 1231 Wedge monitors (pair)

    To find your own posts, you can click on your name to get to your profile. Then, in the column on the left, you'll find a link to search for your latest posts, or threads. If you hover, you'll also get a drop down menu, by your name. The problem is that it apparently stops in September....... I've posted since then, but my last post to show is Sept 16th.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  9. #19
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: WTB: ALTEC 1231 Wedge monitors (pair)

    Me too, and did, but Chrome just did a major update that's solved most of my issues, though bog slow load times except at certain times of the day hasn't changed even though Comcast 'gifted' me an upgrade from 10-30 mb speed update, though at most other various forum sites I can hardly tell the difference.

    Re your search issue, I can't search you either and I've been a member since the beginning, but no problem with any of the other posters I tried, so guessing it has something to do with your newness.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  10. #20
    Junior Hostboard Member thewebgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2017
    Location
    Northern, VA
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: WTB: ALTEC 1231 Wedge monitors (pair)

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    To find your own posts, you can click on your name to get to your profile. Then, in the column on the left, you'll find a link to search for your latest posts, or threads. If you hover, you'll also get a drop down menu, by your name. The problem is that it apparently stops in September....... I've posted since then, but my last post to show is Sept 16th.
    Which is a problem for folks like me who just joined in late December ...
    thus, my comment that search for my posts is broken.

    Sorry, that came off sounding snarky -
    but it wasn't mean to -
    Please understand I meant no flames ...
    Last edited by thewebgal; January 3rd, 2018 at 02:00 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.